Depression is ultimately about feeling stuck in an unpleasant mood state and not being able to see a way out.
It can range from feeling low, unmotivated, lethargic and flat – to feelings of extreme hopelessness and despair.
Overcoming depression can be difficult because although it is often referred to as an ‘illness’, it’s actually an umbrella term for a cluster of different symptoms.
And these symptoms can have very different causes.
You might be struggling with depression because of:
- past trauma that you haven’t been able to resolve
- persistent feelings of stress and anxiety
- lack of meaning or purpose in life
- emotional needs that are consistently not being met
- unhelpful thinking and behavior patterns that you have had since childhood
- a recent traumatic event such as the ending of a relationship or the loss of your job
- general dis-satisfaction with your life
- inability to change a habit even though you have tried many times
- an un-diagnosed health issue
You might not even be able to pinpoint any specific reason why you are feeling low – maybe on the outside your life seems great but you just can’t seem to derive any happiness from it.
This can be especially confusing as you feel like you ‘SHOULD’ be happy and feel bad because you’re not
Everyone’s depression is different and how you deal with depends on what is causing it.
Our programme for depression will help you to:
- understand what is causing and maintaining your depression
- identify and change unhelpful patterns of behavior
- help you to change negative thinking styles
- learn to manage and regulate your emotions
- guide you through the necessary lifestyle changes you need to make
- teach you strategies to incorporate more positive feelings in your life.
If you think this programme will be of help to you, why not schedule a FREE no obligation 45 minute consult
All sessions have the option of being recorded.
Select from the payment options below:
|Secure Payment Facility Provided by:
HIPAA Compliant Providers: